Amazon Echo is one of those devices that has completely changed voice-assistance landscape. Amazon Echo is a compact, highly-responsive and smart voice-assistant that offers a vast number of features to its users. But, if you wish to use this device, then the first thing that you will have to make sure is regarding setting up of the device.
Back in the day, a speaker was used to listen to the music, but Amazon Echo has completely changed the way a speaker is perceived. Amazon Echo is a speaker that listens to the commands of the people, process it and give an accurate response. Amazon Echo is so sophisticated that you can perform complicated tasks in a much easier way such as changing the fan speed, turning off/on lights and booking a movie, etc.
Amazon Echo is the device of the future, but the good thing is that it has already been rolled out and is doing extremely well across the globe. To be able to enjoy the services of Amazon Echo, you should know the process of Amazon Echo setup, which is not a complicated process but can frustrate you if you don’t have proper knowledge about the same.
What’s included in Amazon Echo?
Amazon Echo sports three main buttons, which are; action button, microphone button, and volume ring button. Volume ring button is the most important button as it helps adjust the speaker’s volume. The volume can be adjusted by turning the volume knob in anticlockwise or clockwise direction. Amazon has launched two similar kinds of products as well, i.e., Amazon Echo Dot and Tap. If you want to know the setup process of those two devices, then let me tell you one thing Amazon Echo Dot setup and Tap setup are quite similar to Amazon Echo. But, what is required to setup Amazon Echo? Well, let’s find out now.
Amazon Echo setup:
- Download Alexa app on your smartphone using the app store. Install and configure the app properly.
- Connect your Amazon Echo after installing the application. You will see a blue indicator when the device gets started. It will turn into orange color. This confirms the readiness of the device. If you have skipped this step, then press action button for 5 seconds. If there is any issue, then take Amazon Echo help from experts.
- You will now be able to give commands to your Amazon Echo device. You can increase or decrease volume button by rotating the volume knob.
- Once the configuration has been done, take out your smartphone and open settings. Enter configuration related information in both the devices to complete the setup. If you find any issue in the setup process, then go visit www Amazon com Echosetup.
- Your smartphone and Amazon Echo should be on the same Wi-Fi network in order to make things easier. Note the SSID from the back side of Amazon Echo device. Once the device has been connected to the Wi-Fi, then launch the app and begin the setup process. The setup will begin automatically after you launch the app. If it doesn’t, then tap ‘settings’ under menu icon to start things manually.
- You will be asked to select one of the two things under the settings menu. You will be asked for ‘Echo name’ if you’ve bought the device. If you received it as a gift, then select ‘add a new device’ option. Contact Amazon Echo support in case you are not sure about the step.
- Enter account related details now followed by selecting the right wireless network from the list.
Your Amazon Echo is ready to use now, so enjoy your personal voice assistant in the comfort of your house.